WLC 's Graduate degree requirement is 45 Semester Credit Hours of earned credit. An applicant must complete WLC's application in addition to completing the requirements below:
* Evidence of a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education and/or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). This must be in the form of an official transcript from the college or university, or an equivalent certified degree from a recognized foreign college. An official transcript must be received before the conclusion of 2 courses. If WLC does not receive official transcripts, the student will be withdrawn until such time that transcripts arrive.
* Minimum entry into the WLC MBA program requires candidates have documented prerequisite skills in the following or closely related areas. The WLC Registrar Office will review each student's ability to meet the course prerequisites for the courses in their selected program prior to program acceptance:
- 3 Semester Credit Hours in Business Management
- 3 Semester Credit Hours in College Level Mathematics (Algebra or Higher)
* A transcript with a course grade of 'B' or better satisfies the prerequisite. Candidates may substitute documented practical learnings for any of the above prerequisites in the form of a Letter of Reference from a recognized individual who is/was in a position to verify and document candidate learnings, including learnings from work activities. For any criteria above, equivalent training or three years or more of documented work activity in the field is required in place of prior coursework. Each Letter of Reference must include a clear explanation to why the work the candidate performed qualifies them for an MBA program and how it is a reasonable substitution for the formal prior coursework requirement. Each letter must include contact information for the letter writer and be on official organization letterhead. No credit is awarded by WLC for alternatives other than coursework for meeting the program prerequisites. Prerequisites are part of ensuring accepted students have a reasonable chance for success in the MBA program.
Classes are individualized and start on the 1st of each month and students may enroll in up to a maximum of two courses at a time. The registration deadline is one week prior to the desired courses start date and course start dates may be scheduled up to 90 days in advance. WLC graduate courses run for 10 weeks from course start date. Students can request a one time per course additional 6 week extension.
Students have seven years from the start date of their first course to complete the program.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS AND APPLICANTS WITH INTERNATIONAL CREDENTIALS
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not successfully completed a prior education course in English must receive a minimum score of 530 for Master's degree program applicants on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 71 on the iBT for Master's degree program applicants, or its equivalent. For more information on TOEFL visit the website at: www.ets.org/toefl.
Applicants with international credentials wishing to transfer in degrees earned at institutions located outside the United States must have their academic transcripts evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) member organization or a foreign credit evaluation service approved by the college. Applicants will be assessed a fee by the certifying organization and should request that the report be sent directly to WLC. Applicants transferring in a degree need to request a General Degree Evaluation sometimes called a Document by Document Evaluation. For more information about NACES member organizations visit the website at: www.naces.org.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP/Distance Education Disclosure
As an accredited institution, we are delighted to offer one of the lowest cost MBA programs in North America to students from anywhere in the world who meet the WLC MBA program entry requirements, with the exception of current residents of one of these six US states: Utah, California, Kentucky, Florida, Wisconsin, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Massachusetts.